A reverse proxy is a server that sits between internal applications and external clients, forwarding client requests to the appropriate server. While many common applications, such as Node.js, are able to function as servers on their own, NGINX has a number of advanced load balancing, security, and acceleration features that most specialized applications lack. Using NGINX as a reverse proxy enables you to add these features to any application. Apache is the 1st web server for websites and Nginx is the 2nd server for the active sites over the past few years. So both are combined for a great performance by using Nginx in the front End & Apache in the Backend.
Advantages of using Nginx as a Reverse PROXY:
- It will increase the overall performance.
- File requests which are Static will get handled more efficiently.
- The consumption of Server CPU and memory decreases.
- Load on Apache Web Server get minimized.
- Efficiency in addressing the clients with slow connection will get improved.
Details Required for Service:
We will require the below information from you to proceed with setup and installation. Please send these to us via a Support Ticket from your SocialEngineSolutions Support after purchasing this service:
- AWS Account Login
- Other desired site information:
- Website URL
- Admin Username
- Admin Password