Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES) is a cloud-based email sending service designed to help digital marketers and application developers send marketing, notification, and transactional emails. It gives you the platform for sending all kinds of email with assurance of deliverability on time. Also It is a reliable, cost-effective service for businesses of all sizes that use email to keep in contact with their customers.
You can use our SMTP interface or one of the AWS SDKs to integrate Amazon SES directly into your existing applications. You can also integrate the email sending capabilities of Amazon SES into the software you already use, such as ticketing systems and email clients.
Benefits of AWS Simple Email Service
- Amazon SES includes features such as content filtering technologies, dedicated IP addresses, and a reputation dashboard help protect and enhance your sender reputation.
- Maintaining a good reputation ensures that your messages reach your customers’ inboxes.
- Pay as you go, and pay only for what you use. There are no upfront fees, no time-consuming pricing negotiations, no fixed expenses, and no minimum charges.
- And, if you send from an application hosted in Amazon EC2, the first 62,000 emails you send every month are free.
- Use configuration sets to create rules that are applied to the emails you send using Amazon SES.
- Send email metrics to Amazon CloudWatch for further analysis, or receive notifications through Amazon SNS.
Amazon AWS Simple Email Service is useful for configuring the ‘Mail Settings’ section in the admin panel of your SocialEngine website, so after configuring this service on Amazon we will be doing changes under ‘Mail Settings’ section for these settings: Send through SMTP, SMTP Server Address, SMTP Server Port, SMTP Authentication, SMTP Username, SMTP Password, Use SSL or TLS.
We will be needing the below information from you to proceed with SES configuration. Please send these to us via a Support Ticket after purchasing this service:
- AWS Account Login Details
- Console URL
- Domain registration details (for DNS Zone file)
- URL of Domain Registrar
- Site Admin Details
- AWS server SSH details
- IP address