With Our AWS Experts Bridge the Gap Between Hosting and Your Site
Amazon Web Services (AWS) delivers reliable, scalable, and cost-effective computing resources on which to host your applications. You can use other AWS components alone or combined to host your application(s) and speed up your website.
We’ll take care of Setting up & Installation of your website on AWS hosting, so you focus on what you do best.
Getting Started or Migrating?
If you want to do a Fresh (New) Setup of AWS Hosting or if you want to Migrate to AWS hosting from your current hosting, you can order this service. Our AWS experts will setup your AWS Hosting for you.
Service Overview & Requirements:
AWS Cloud computing is the on-demand delivery of compute power, database storage, applications, and other IT resources through a cloud services platform via the internet with pay-as-you-go pricing.
Cloud computing provides a simple way to access servers, storage, databases and a broad set of application services over the Internet. Amazon Web Services as a Cloud services platform owns and maintains the network-connected hardware required for these application services, while you provision and use what you need via a web application.
Six Advantages and Benefits of Cloud Computing
- Trade capital expense for variable expense
- Benefit from massive economies of scale
- Stop guessing capacity
- Increase speed and agility
- Stop spending money on running and maintaining data centers
- Go global in minutes
There are many advantages of using AWS for hosting your social network like Backup & Restore, Content Delivery (Amazon CDN), etc
Requirements for Service:
We will be needing below mentioned information from you, so please have them ready after purchasing this service:
- SocialEngine License Key
- Website URL & Website Title
- Desired Email
- Desired Password
- Domain registration account information (for domain mapping).
- AWS Account Login (Just do a basic signup from here: http://aws.amazon.com/free/ and provide us your account details. Our experts will do other AWS configurations for you.):
** This service would normally be completed within 12-24 business hours of purchase.
AWS installation and setup service for AWS from SocialNetworking.Solutions enables you to have a high performance server setup for your SocialEngine website. This service includes:
- We will setup your Amazon EC2 instance according to SocialEngine system requirements (http://support.socialengine.com/questions/152/SocialEngine-Requirements).
- We will install SocialEngine PHP on Amazon EC2 (or we will migrate your current SE website to Amazon EC2 as per your requirement).
- We will do your Domain mapping in which we will map your SE website’s domain to your Amazon EC2 instance.
- If your current website is hosted on a Dedicated Server, then we will move it to Amazon S3 . Amazon SE is an object storage built to store and retrieve any amount of data from anywhere. It is designed to deliver durability and provides flexibility.
- When your website will be running on Amazon Web Services (AWS): in addition to the above mentioned setups for dedicated server hosting, you can ask us to have Amazon RDS (Relational Database Service) . Amazon RDS makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud. It provides cost-efficient and resizable capacity while automating time-consuming administration tasks such as hardware provisioning, database setup, patching and backups. It frees you to focus on your applications so you can give them the fast performance, high availability, security and compatibility they need.
- So, we will do the setup and other service setup as asked by you from above services.
AWS has a pay-as-you-go pricing which means that you only pay for the resources used by your website. You can checkout the Amazon EC2 pricing from here: http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/ (Amazon offers a Free 1 Year Tier for hosting. You can signup for this amazing offer from here: http://aws.amazon.com/free/ .
Amazon provides an easy to use Simple Calculator using which you can easily calculate your Daily / Weekly / Monthly costs: http://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/calc5.html. You will be amazed and glad to know that this powerful services are very economical.
You can also save money by choosing the AWS Reserved Instances (http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/reserved-instances/). In the Reserved Instances, you can reserve your AWS instance for a long term duration (1 year, 3 years, etc) by paying a fixed one-time fee and a very low monthly fee. You can easily get the pricing and your saving information by selecting the desired reserved instance in “Billing Option” while using the calculator mentioned above.
To know the AWS pricing in detail, we would recommend you to go through the “How AWS Pricing Works” Whitepaper from here: (http://bit.ly/aws-pricing). It may take you some time to go through it, but it would be worth to spend the time.
Below, we tried to provide you a Monthly Cost of some instance types of Amazon EC2 for hosting derived using the simple calculator:
|Service||Instance Type||Configuration||OnDemand||Partial Upfront||1 Year Partial Upfront Reserved||3 Year Partial Upfront Reserved|
|t2.medium||2 Virtual Core, 4 GB RAM||$38 Monthly||$10 Monthly||$120(One Time) + $10(Monthly) = $240 (For 1 Year)||$120(One Time) + $10(36 Months) = $480 (For 3 Years)|
|Amazon EC2||t2.micro||1 Virtual Core, 1 GB RAM||$9.50 Monthly||$2.48 Monthly||$30(One Time) + $2.48(Monthly) = $59.76 (For 1 Year)||$30(One Time) + $2.48(36 Months) = $119.28 (For 3 Years)|
|C4.Large||2 Virtual Core, 3.75 GB RAM||$75.60 Monthly||$21.90 Monthly||$263(One Time) + $21.90(Monthly) = $525.80 (For 1 Year)||$263(One Time) + $21.90(36 Months) = $1061.40 (For 3 Years)|
If you want to checkout the monthly costs of other instance types, then please use the calculator: http://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/calc5.html./
|Amazon S3 + Cloudfront||About $3 per Month for 1 to 20 GB Data Storage and Transfer|
|Amazon RDS||About $16.5 per Month for a db.t2.small instance type of 20 GB Storage with 1 Year Heavy Utilization Reserved|
Once you host your website on AWS, you will get an idea of the resources your community needs, we recommend you to consider making your instances “Reserved” to save you money.